- TamilNadu-Indian State
In terms of Incremental FDI inflows, Tamil Nadu had the highest growth rate.
logo,image,map of state tamilnadu
With right mix of over 40,000 large industries supported by over 900,000 SMEs tamilnadu has robust industrial ecosystem. 50 of Fortune 500 companies are here.
- Parameters that drive investment in TamilNadu are -
- state is 10th largest in the world in terms of wind power capacity.
- its Robust physical infrastructure in tune with the modern times.
- its the only state in India with 4 international airports – offering direct connectivity with over 20 countries.
- it has excellent road network of over 62,000 km, with a road density of 177 km per 100 sq. km, well above the national average of 148 km per 100 sq. km.
- State with one of the largest telecom markets and highest subscriber base – 8.4% of the total subscriber base of India.
- India’s second largest coastline of 1076 km, and home to first dedicated container terminal.
- More than 50% of the total power capacity in Tamil Nadu is from renewable sources.
- Second largest in the country in terms of co-gen power plants.
- State to be power surplus by year 2016, in view of the anticipated capacity additions, both in conventional and renewable energy sectors.
Source : News Channels, Print media, Online articlesDisclaimer : The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not reflect the official policy or position of any agency/government. All images are for reference purpose only. Our motto is to spread awareness among fellow country men.
Read about other Indian states promoting Make In India: